A Note About This Reference
This Seiko Divers Reference covers the standard 150m & 200m automatic models that Seiko has been making since 1965. It also contains some information on the "high-end" Professional Divers.
The information here is compiled from postings of folks who share their knowledge and insights with each other every day on the Seiko & Citizen Forum. Basically, everything here is a product of the collective WISdom of Seikoholics. What I've done is simply to go through the archives and compile the relevant info in one place so those who are interested in the history and folklore of Seiko divers can use this as a reference. I hope folks will find this useful. I've certainly learned a lot just by putting all the materials together.
Please feel free to share and use the information here. By all means email me if you think anything needs to be changed. And keep in mind that this is a work in progress. There may be dates that are incorrect or details that are inaccurate. So corrections, criticisms, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome and encouraged.
Enjoy your Seikos and see you at the S&C Forum!
-- Kevin Chan <email@example.com>
About the Chronology
For the production dates of the different diver models, I emailed Seiko Japan and asked them to provide detailed info about each variation (the 62MAS, 6105s, 6309s, 6306, 7002 and the 7S26 series). Seiko provided the "approximate" dates of production for the difference movement calibers, but said they are unable to give info about individual models as they don't have detailed records. (Their email reply is here for those who are curious.)
- 5/5/03: Added more info to the "Professional divers" section and started new section on "Small/ladies & midsize divers."
- 6/21/03: Upgraded Gallery to v1.3.4.
- 7/10/03: Added additional info about 6105 & 6309 divers in movies, other recent diver-related postings (last posts under "General History"), and more 6306 pics (by Johnny009 and Shawn).
- 7/31/03: Added "Quartz Divers Gallery" to the Seiko Divers Gallery.
- 8/5/03: Updated Divers Reference, added "Shawn's Diver Heaven" series.
- 2012-12-20: Moved Seiko Divers Reference to archives.makedostudio.com. Updated stylesheet to make fonts larger and text more legible. Content remains the same as the original.